
One night last week, Duane and the girls sat down at the table to work on some sketches. The girls were making books, while Annie was eating her snack. I looked over at Duane and he had picked up a marker found a piece of paper and began sketching me. In just a matter of a few moments, I began to take shape on his paper.
Soon, little people were added and details given to each of the little ones that give them personality. Carefully looking over each little girl in the sketch above will show the distinct attributes of my girls. Annie with little pigtails is hiding behind my legs watching her older sisters. Notice that she has one leg kicked up to show her playfulness whenever she is near me. Paige is standing next to me with her backpack on, ready for school,quiet and a bit unsure of what to expect. She is holding a doll while staring at her sister Jena. Jena, which you'll notice has her arms gesturing and exclaiming some amazing thing that has happened to her. She is wearing a t-shirt with the words, "Big Shot" written across the front. That is really what she thinks of herself.
But don't miss the most important thing in this sketch. I think that you truly get an idea of what the artist really sees when he is sketching each person on his page. My belly is swollen with child and I have a look of confusion, maybe that of feeling overwhelmed. Do I look a little lost? Is this how my husband really sees me? Maybe so. Whatever the feeling he was trying to evoke he has certainly given me much to think about.
In any case, I thought that it was worth saving this sketch to remind myself that I shouldn't feel overwhelmed and trust that this season in my life will soon be over and someday I will be wishing I still was in this season. For that look into the future I can be thankful!
No comments:
Post a Comment