Thursday, September 13, 2007

Just In Case You Were Wondering...

Just in case anyone has been wondering what to get us for the new baby, I thought that I would give some ideas. Since no one out here knows what "OSU" really stands for, let me enlighten you. "OSU" stands for "Ohio State University."

I was really excited the other day when I pulled into a parking space at the pharmacy right next to a car with bumper stickers proudly exclaiming: "TBDBTL." Of course no one here would know what that acronym means, but to those of us who "bleed scarlet and gray" it warms our hearts.
Brutus Buckeye is the mascot. He is a giant nut. I understand that it seems silly to some but not to those of us from the state shaped like a heart. All this is making me really miss "The Heart of It All." What a better state motto than, "Kansas, it is bigger than you think."




I wish there was a way to make music play while you are reading this blog, you'd be enjoying, "Hang on Sloopy" and dying to see "TBDBTL" (the Ohio State Marching Band) perform "script Ohio" what a sight. I say this because my uncle was a part of the prestigious band when he attended OSU.

Fall always reminds me that the Buckeyes will be entering a new football season and all those who live in Columbus get a little crazy with "Buckeye Fever, " just ask David and Jenny, right guys? Jenny's father is one of the biggest fans I have ever met and it makes me smile to think that he is gearing up for another season too! Love you Jeff!
GO BUCKS! GO BUCKS! GO BUCKS! GO BUCKS!




2 comments:

Lacy said...

Okay, I get it we've got a shock of wheat to your nut... but what and the heck does TBDBTHL mean?
I've looked all over trying to find the decoder.
Throw us "Rectanglars with a bite out of it" a bone here!

Maria. said...

TBDBTL stands for: "The Best Damn Band in The Land!" It is true! :)

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mother of 4 little girls who fill my life with so much joy and satisfaction. I love it!!!