Monday, September 03, 2007

Labor Day Weekend

The family joined several other families for a nice dip in a cool refreshing pool yesterday. As for me, I was strung out on the couch, trying to calm my contractions and my aching belly the entire day. Yes, I am only 21 weeks and have begun the lovely bit of contracting. Much of my contracting came from the horrific stomach virus that is currently plaguing my family. The dehydration I was experiencing brought on the contractions. But thanks to a good friend and labor and delivery nurse I laid on my left side most of the day sipping water and munching on a little bit of Benadryl to calm my uterus down. Knowing that the baby probably wouldn't survive if it came this early sent me to rest.

But anyhow, Duane and the older girls went to a pool party. From what I heard from my husband, within 2 minutes of being there Jena was struggling in the near deep end of the pool barely able to keep her head above water and "just like in the movies, Maria, I dove in with all my clothes on, my glasses, hat and shoes to save her." Ah, just what a mother wants to hear when she is lying on the couch in pain. Her oldest almost drowns! But Jena recovered and here are some photos to prove that despite what you look like while swimming, it is the spirit of the activity that matters.




I don't know where she found these goggles but she was so proud of the way that she looked in them. Honestly, Duane and I can think of some other words of what she looks like but we'll be kind and leave that to the readers imagination! How about this one:



Paige on the other hand didn't leave the steps into the pool for several hours. As you can tell her hair looked the same the entire time. She is very content to watch everyone else have fun while she chills by herself.

She told me that she had a great time and in fact told me what everyone else was doing. All in all I think that they all had a great time. Maybe next time I can join the festivities and the heroics! Thanks to my husband who made the save of the day and contributed these photos!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

praise God for his protecting hand (thought duane)

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mother of 4 little girls who fill my life with so much joy and satisfaction. I love it!!!