Maria's blog
Ok I know, what a silly title. But there is a story behind it and hopefully a return flight!
I junior high school my choir teacher sang this song ALL the time. I don't know why but it sticks in my head and I see his goofy face as he sings it at the top of his voice! Do you know the song? If not, well that dates me!
"Well, I'm leaving on a jet plane, don't know when I'll be back again," the singer croons. I don't know the singer's name or the rest of the lyrics but just that line! Anyway, on to my story...
Duane left this morning for Salt Lake City, Utah. The annual Outdoor Retailers' Show is hosted in Salt Lake. This is the third year that Duane has had the chance to attend. It sounds like a great time. He "walks the floor" with other designers from Coleman. They get a chance to meet people from other companies that specialize in outdoor gear. If you know anything about Duane, especially the past few months, he definately has become quite the "gear head" when it comes to camping and climbing gear. This is paradise for my husband!
Before he departed this morning, he took time to pray for me and as he was praying, through my tears I smiled because of his prayer. He prayed, "Lord give her the strength of 3 people to care for the children and the patience to be with them while I am gone." The part that struck me as funny was from a scene from Napoleon Dynamite.
The scene is of a commercial with Rex from Rex Kwondo's Class. He says that if a person signs up for his class they will learn to have the "strength of a grizzly bear and the wisdom of a man..." So I am cracking up thinking of Rex strangling this woman. Ok maybe not so reverent but funny none the less. I have to have an outlet for my sadness and feelings of ineptness, is that a word? Check spell check.
Realizing that Monday will come soon, the next 5 days I will fill so that I am too busy to realize that I am missing him so much. It is amazing how empty the house feels without him. So as a tribute to Duane I dedicate this entry to him. I love you Duane! Godspeed my love!
No comments:
Post a Comment