Friday, August 11, 2006

Girls' Date Night

Maria's blog

The girls and I had a special date night last night. No date can start without a trip to Target. The choicest of stores in my book. Of course this trip just consisted of buying diapers and baby cereal but nonetheless we had a good time.

As we walked out the front doors I looked to the north and was shocked by the color of the sky. A lot of black and a bit of green met my eyes. Hmm...are we in for some storms I wonder? What about our date?

We moved on to Pizza Hut. The girls had joined the public library's summer reading program and received free personal pan pizza coupons as part of their reward. So we ordered their pizzas and I picked up a salad.

Then we headed home for dinner and a movie in the living room. We camped out and watched "Sarah Plain and Tall." What a girl movie. I cannot imagine Duane wanting to watch this so it was perfect for the girls. The movie wasn't complete without popcorn too.

I stayed up late trying to make myself exhausted before I went to bed. Double checking the locks and praying for fear to leave my mind I fell asleep. Annie woke me several times but the night passed quickly.

Duane called this morning and made me miss him all the more. He is enjoying all the hookups he made yesterday among the companies. The company suprised them with free tickets to see G Love and Special Sauce. Duane had a great time.

Enough about the long day. I am looking forward to seeing what the rest of the weekend brings.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mother of 4 little girls who fill my life with so much joy and satisfaction. I love it!!!