Maria's blog
This morning I awoke early enough to prepare some breakfast for my family. I decided to make pancakes and instead of syrup I thought that I would use Duane's "secret" recipe of yogurt and berries, not so secret anymore! In order to make the berry mixture, I needed to use the blender. I threw everything in and pressed "MIX." Our blender hasn't been working very well lately and it sounded like it was working hard to chop up the frozen berries. "Oh well" I thought and continued preparing breakfast.
I called everyone to the table and we began to fix the girls' plates. I turned to feed Annie her cereal and Duane said, "Oh, Maria, the seal was chopped up!" What? I looked at his plate as he pulls from his berry mixture part of the plastic seal to the blender! Oh, so that was what the blender was chewing up! Hmm, silicone doesn't usually go so well with pancakes.
I continued to pull out pieces of the seal, the entire time I am thinking, "Good one Maria, now your family is ingesting bits of silicone!" I looked up at Paige as she says, "Mommy, can I have some more pancakes? But this time I don't want seals in mine!" Paige was so confused she started talking about seals that swim in the water. She couldn't figure out why we would blend some of those up with the berry mixture!
Alas, another flop to add to the list!
No comments:
Post a Comment