Duane's dream car is our newest addition, take a look...

A 2001 Audi TT Quatro, 1.8t, 6 speed...(whatever all that means, I leave up to Duane.)
Duane is very excited! Poor thing, I have been promising him since after Paige was born, over 4 years ago, that he could get his sports car. I don't quite get it since I am not that attached to cars, I guess I could relate to kitchen gadgets or books but they aren't quite as fun to drive as this little beauty!

The girls fight over who gets to ride with Daddy. I think that they are pretty lucky considering that they have two more siblings coming up behind them that will want their chances to ride too. Honestly the first few times I ventured out on my own in this I bit my lower lip the entire time. I was so nervous to drive that it wasn't that much fun. Of course I was on my way to buy diapers during one of those trips!
I will say that I don't feel much like a mother of 3 with another in utero driving it. For that moment I am thankful. I have had a really tough time accepting that Duane allows me to drive it. My father owned several Porshes and I never saw my mom drive them. They were his cars. Duane's own father owns several Corvettes and I rarely have seen his mother drive them. So it is drilled into my head that these are cars for the men, not the women. Duane has had several serious discussions with me that he is not my father or his father for that matter and wants me to enjoy myself in this car.
My husband even arranged a date night last weekend. The first of many, he says. If that is what this car has done to him then I am in full support of our newest addition, plus I really needed to stick with my promise to him!
3 comments:
I'm telling you right now, if you guys name it I'm calling for help! Seriously, it's beautiful. Can't wait for my turn to drive it!
Why won't this stupid thing register when I comment?! Urrgghhh!
Pretty car!
Post a Comment