My fears were relieved when we went to the Sonographer today! My baby has two arms and two legs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Immediately they were one of the first things that I glued my eyes to. The Lord knew that I desperately needed to see them. At the end of the sonogram I told the tech that I had BIG fears about the baby not having appendages. She relieved me by explaining that the placenta lies in front of the baby and the way that our baby is positioned right now, (head up and feet down) I probably won't feel a lot of movement. The placenta softens the blows of the kicks and movements. But now that I have seen the baby I can envision how it is in my uterus and I have so much more peace because of it.
We found out that I will be due near January 9th. I quickly thought about Jena. Her birthday is on January 4th and I didn't think that she would be too excited about sharing her birthday with another sibling. I was surprised by the reaction of the girls. Jena was REALLY excited and Paige was REALLY sad. I asked her why she was sad and she said that she wanted to share her birthday with the baby. I tried desperately to explain to her that mommy couldn't keep the baby inside her another 4 months longer than when it is ready to come out. She didn't seemed comforted by my answer.
We also found out the sex of the child. We both teared up and that is all I will say.
The girls are really upset with me that I cannot trust them with the news. "All I can tell you is that it is either a boy or a girl," I responded. They almost fell for that but then they caught on really fast.
All in all it was worth the wait. The baby is measuring fine, amniotic fluid levels are good and the brain and heart were intact! That is all I care about.
As the tech was getting ready to stop the sonogram, she caught one last photo for us. The baby lifted it's hand as if to say, "Goodbye, see you soon!" It made me cry. This is the most amazing thing! I am so thankful to have this in my life right now.
3 comments:
i know many mamas get antsy when they have an anterior placenta that sort of softens the kicks. im so glad you found some peace via the ultrasound and that my newest niece or nephew is safe and healthy!!
i had some fears about our babes sharing a birthday. olive and auggie are 3 days apart (but were supposed to be more than 2 weeks i will add, but little miss olive had other plans). i have no doubts that you and duane will make every child feel special and unique on their "big day" so i don't foresee it being a problem. it might even give them a special bond too.
God is good! So glad everything looks great. We look forward to meeting the newest Marshall. Jamie is a fitting name for either sex you know!
Lacy has a great ring to it as well!
My middle name will work if you guys are planning on your first little man... Jaye.
Jaye Marshall, very nice!
I remember those scary days when it seemed the kicks stopped, I can't tell you haw happy I am to know #4 is well and kicking with BOTH feet!
Post a Comment