Wednesday, August 15, 2007

First Grade


Jena's first day of school was today. I was doing really well until she asked me to write her a note to put in her lunch box. I started to cry as I wrote:

Jena-
I will miss you today. I am so happy for you. Have fun in Ms. Garrison's class. I will see you after school. I love you!
Love,
Mommy

As much as I was looking forward to her going back, I really miss her today. She was so excited about heading back. She was a bit nervous. She didn't eat much breakfast which is unlike her. She talked a lot which is always a sure sign that she is nervous. (Duane does the same thing.) She helped pack her lunch and dress herself.
We took the first day photos and I was really happy how they turned out. The girls were very excited about what the day held for them. Jena's teacher knew her by name and I think that helped her feel at ease. All of Jena's best friends are in other classes so she was a bit sad about not being in the same class with them. But before I left she had found some other children to talk to.




After we left, Paige and I went to visit her preschool. She was so excited to see the playground. We learned that she will be one of three girls in her class, the rest are boys. After we left, she said, "Momma, I am not really happy but just a little bit excited." She doesn't start school until after Labor Day. I think she really wanted to begin the same time as Jena.


Annie will have more Momma time than she ever dreamed she could have. I think she will be very excited for that. Honestly, she probably will take her morning nap during the time Paige is in preschool. Wait...that means that I have some quiet time to myself!!! Wow! How amazing will that be? The first time in almost 5 years. What will I do with that time? Hmm...


I had a chance to share with Jena's teacher how she had prayed that she would be with her this year. I started to tear up as I shared the story but as we walked away I prayed that the Lord would use it in her day. I know that is the reason she is in public school. The affect that the Lord will have through her can be tremendous. I am looking forward to what the rest of the year holds for her.
I know that I am pretty well known around her school as the "stroller mom." Many times last year I could be seen pushing a double stroller filled with two or three children and with one or two other children strapped to my body. It was known that I would care for anyone's child at anytime. This year is different. I am excited about the change this year. At least when I come back this year I will have one strapped to my body in a different location, my belly. Here's to the school year and all that it will hold for our family!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mother of 4 little girls who fill my life with so much joy and satisfaction. I love it!!!