Ok, even though we been in this town for 3 years now, we are still HUGE Ohio State Buckeye fans. We search out other people that bleed scarlet and gray. We don't find many but when we do we feel a deep connection with them.
Like today, we were at our favorite store again and saw a gentleman wearing an Ohio State t-shirt. We stood in line behind him at the checkout. I couldn't contain the excitement I was feeling by seeing someone wearing something other than purple, so I asked him if he was a fan, I know dumb question. But it could have been a thrift store t-shirt for all I know. He told us his father coached under Coach Jim Trussel in Canton, Ohio. We told him that we were from Columbus and felt the love flow.
Anyhow, the Buckeyes are ranked number ONE!!!! They played against number two ranked Michigan this afternoon. It was a close game, filled with intensity and non-stop heart pounding excitement. It reminded me of the days I would park my little blue Toyota Corolla hatchback at the Horseshoe (the OSU football stadium) and walk the long trek to classes in the freezing cold. Man, I miss Ohio!
The Bucks won 42-39! I know that we didn't have a thing to do with their victory and not many people reading this care that much for the Buckeyes, but at least they have 3 fans out here in the real Midwest!
2 comments:
At least one person reading this blog is a HUGE buckeye fan! It was an incredible game, I agree! Glad you haven't lost your "buckeye roots" moving 5 states away. :-)
It's so funny when you say OSU because imediately I think "why was Maria walking around the Oklahoma State campus?"
Oh, we Kansans live in such a small world! Now you're one of us!
Post a Comment