Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Name Dropper?

So last evening we went to a favorite store of ours and Duane came walking over to me while the kids and I were enjoying the Christmas decorations. He said, "Guess who is here? Kirstie Allie!" I followed his gaze and only saw her from behind. She was walking with another person who Duane guessed to be her personal assistant.

We continued our shopping, namely picking up diapers and walked to the check out. Low and behold she walks right up behind us. The cashier's face goes completely red and she talks really loud at me, "Have a great evening!" Duane overhears her say, "Oh, that didn't happen, those are all lies." He looks at what she is looking at and sees the tabloids and People magazines sitting in front of her. We gather our children and head out the door.

As we walk out, Duane spies her car and tells me that he caught her looking at Annie. Yeah, I never thought that I would be a name dropper, but I confess Duane and I had a story to tell and yes, we are pitiful, not much happens in our town!

Duane tells the girls as we are leaving, "Look at the doors as this lady is walking out girls, she is a movie star." "Wow!" Jena says, "Daddy, what is a movie star?" Yes, she put it all into perspective for us. She is just another person on this planet that has the unfortunate time of people acting completely goofy whenever they see her. Of course, sometimes people act completely goofy around me but I don't need my time in the spot light for it to affect me! Poor woman she moved to our sleepy little town to enjoy more goofy people! Oh, by the way did I mention that she bought a house at the end of our street too? I am shameless, I know! :)

4 comments:

Steph said...

If only you would've caught a picture!

Lacy said...

There's been a rental car infront of the scientology church this past week and I run by it every morning and came home a few days ago and said to Kenton, I wonder if Kirstie Alley is in town. I was totally joking, thinking I'd have run in with her. Then you say you saw here and I was cracking up.... maybe I was right. **Just a little Wichita history for you: She's a native daughter of our lovely town, so no moving, just visiting home*** But maybe she'll have a house warming party too... but I'll bet you have to have your theaten levels checked at her parties! (scientology joke for you all!)

Anonymous said...

i adore your neighborhood. there are some amazing houses there. i loved witchita and all but im surprised a movie star would move there, you know?

*enter a scientology joke about kirstie alley here*

Anonymous said...

im responding to your comment you left in my journal on here because i figure youd get it this way.

yes i was *just* talking to your mom before we left for the midwife appointment and we talked about her hitting the deer. i totally had a prophetic moment before we left and i asked david to drive because i felt like i was going to hit one! im so thankful he was driving. hes so much quicker to respond!

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mother of 4 little girls who fill my life with so much joy and satisfaction. I love it!!!