
My newest helper in the kitchen is a quiet one but nonetheless loves to be beside me.
She enjoys learning how to make desserts. Her favorite is brownies. But this day we decided to make chocolate chip cookies. Throughout the entire process she continued to ask to taste the batter. Who doesn't like a little cookie dough now and then? After we were all done, Paige was able to lick the batter on the beaters. I remember cooking in the kitchen with my grandma when I was Paige's age. My favorite thing to help her with was mashed potatoes. She never used measuring cups, she had it perfected. I was always amazed at how great they always tasted. Somewhere in the abyss of photographs is a picture of me licking the beaters with mashed potatoes on them. That is such a fond memory of my childhood.
1 comment:
I'm with Paige! Forget the cookies, just eat the batter! She's such a sweetheart....you sure she's not for sale? :)
Thanks so much for braving the rain and cold to let your kids get covered in hay all for Judah's 3rd B-Day!
Post a Comment