Amy Amiee Andrea Ange Anissa Annie Ashley Becca Beverly Bridget Britney Carriane Carrie Cherie Cheryl Christina Crystal Debbie Debby Dia Dihn Ema Emily Faith Gail Gayle Holly Jackie Jamie Janetta Jayne Jena Jennifer Jenny Jessica Jill Judy Joleen Joleyne Kathi Kelly Kelley Lacey Lacy Lara Leah Lilla Linda Lisa Lissa Liz Lori Michaela Michelle Nikki Paige Phyllis Rachel Robin Samantha Sara Sarah Shari Sherry Sidrah Steph Stephanie Sumon Tammy Terri Tracy Tina Wendy
These names represent the women that have had an impact in my life. I have known many Sarahs, Amys, Lisas and Stephanies but the fact that each of these names represent a special bond of friendship humbles me. These names aren't listed in any particular order other than alphabetical, so as not to step on anyone's toes. The friendships may have been for a season but I grew because of that season. (Of the 73 names listed I am sure that I have forgotten a few and even as I write this more names come to mind.) Even if the relationship fizzled because of differences I can see now how it has challenged me to grow. Beginning when I was 3 years old till now those names carry many significant changes in my life. 13 names remind me of significant people in my life before I turned 10. Some names represent mentors I have had in my life. 8 represent dear friends that I spent time with growing in the Lord as a young teenager. Many more remind me of rocky times in college, such a challenging time for me then. 2 of my friends are no longer living and they remind me to enjoy the friends I have now. 6 of the names listed remind me of the daughters I have had the privledge of mothering, even if for only a few weeks.
Such a deep sense of gratitude grows within me when I look over this list. I am proud to have known these women as babies, young girls, teenagers, mothers, grandmothers and great-grandmothers. What a legacy we can have, even if it starts with a simple thing like friendship.
1 comment:
((hug))
Post a Comment