Thursday, October 05, 2006

Just tell me mama!

Maria's blog

Our girls are very concerned with our schedule, to the point that they are constantly asking what is next on the agenda. Tonight at dinner was no exception.

Generally we are on the run but Thursdays are family night around here. Especially since Duane and I have found a TV show that we don't want to miss. Before TV, like 2 weeks ago, we used to frequent the library.

As dinner, Paige turns to me and says, "What are we doing tonight Mama? Are we going to church?" (Usually that is the question, "Are we going to church tonight?" Tells you that we spend a lot of time there.) Anyhow, I told her that we were staying home. She obviously wasn't satisfied with my answer and says, "Just tell me Mama, are we going nowhere or yeswhere." I laughed because Paige likes to give me 2 options with every question she asks. Usually she says, "Yes or no, Mama?"

I love to think about the way they put together their own vocabulary. Jena spent most of her 2nd and 3rd year with a French accent. Paige hasn't quite picked up her "R" sound so for instance instead of saying, "Water" Paige says, "Wateey." I have been told that I did the same. I have since refined my ways and would like to think that I can help her add another letter to her alphabet. In the meantime, I am just going to enjoy the way she talks to me!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mother of 4 little girls who fill my life with so much joy and satisfaction. I love it!!!