Thursday, May 11, 2006

Telling the story twice?

Maria's blog
I might be not as good at blogging as I was hoping. Just check out the previous 2 entries. Hmmm...maybe I should give it up!!

Tonight Duane and I will attend a meeting at the neighborhood elementary school for Jena. She will be attending kindergarten this fall. It is so hard to believe. Duane asks me often, "Are you sure you don't want to homeschool?" My answer hinges on tonight and what I feel the Lord is telling us through this meeting.

Last summer I spent a lot of time praying about homeschooling and I kept coming back to the fact that Jesus was in the public. Jena's personality screams for social situations. Then a few weeks ago Jena came to me and said:

"Mommy, do you know that there are people that don't know Jesus?"

I said, "Yes, Jena I do."

Then she responded, "I have to tell them about Him."

How can I say "No" to that? I know that if the Lord wants me to homeschool her this year, He will make it very clear tonight. But for now I am planning on sending her, no matter how much I will miss her! :)

1 comment:

Travis R. said...

Maria,
You can't quit! You're doing so good! Now if only Duane would show you how to upload some flippin' pictures! I'm gonna call him and tell him he needs to break down and join us all in this little blogging community!

Jennette has had those same thoughts about home schooling. It's a tough choice really. I won't try to influence you one way or another, but I know God will lead you into what you need to do. Blessings!

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mother of 4 little girls who fill my life with so much joy and satisfaction. I love it!!!