It is finally official...after 5 weeks of waiting, we've found a house to rent in Massachusetts!When Duane called tonight and said, "Maria, pack your bags, you're moving to Massachusetts!" my heart leapt inside of me! I quickly put the phone on "speaker phone" and told him to share the news with the girls. They screamed, they were so excited!
We've known about this house for a few days but haven't said anything to them so as not to get their hopes up again. We feel like we've let them down so many times! We have been praying for this for the past 5 weeks and it is such a relief to know that we now have a place to go to!
Last night as I prepared to go to bed, I talked with Duane on the phone, and I decided that I didn't want to keep talking on the phone with him every night, I just want to be with him. That's not how I want to be saying, "Goodnight!" Sometimes I feel so selfish thinking that. I have a good friend that would give anything to be able to talk to her husband as often as I get to but he is overseas serving in the military.
Above is the house we will be renting for at least the next year. Duane was really excited to tell me about it. It was listed as a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom house, so we weren't looking at it given the lack of bedrooms. But when the realtor called Duane to check it out, they found that it actually was a 4 bedroom house!!! The girls will have a separate room for a playroom and Duane and I will have an office! It was built in the 1950's and I've fallen in love with 1950 style ranches. My sister-in-law lives in a ranch and I know that she'd share all the things she sees as problems but I've always enjoyed her home. This is the living room with a working fireplace. An excellent addition given the winters we will be facing!

This is the kitchen. We found out that we have to provide a refrigerator, but finding one on craigslist.com shouldn't be a problem. I'm not picky. If it's one thing these past 5 weeks have taught me is that I have everything I need and I am so willing to give it all away to have my family together again. It kills me to put my children to bed every night to hear them say, "Mommy, I miss daddy. When are we going to see him again?" I don't know how to answer them some nights because I am choking back my own tears because I miss him too.Our God has been so good to us. He's protected us more than I can know while Duane has been gone. We were able to spend a great week with him last week. We are able to talk to him everyday. Despite not getting paid for 4 weeks, we were able to pay all our bills on time. God is so good. We have had 6 showings on the house and an open house that was very busy. I know that the Lord knows who will buy our house, He is going to help us wait it out and trust Him to make all our bills.
He knows our way. He's made this way. We can trust Him to continue to work it out. Sometimes it is hard to see how it will work out. But in praying for our housing situation this week, we've seen how He wants to show us He is in control of these little details. I am so thankful for the opportunity to journal about it so I can remember how faithful He is.
Let's get moving!
4 comments:
I am so excited for you all! I love this house! You will have a garage and a YARD!!! Thank you Jesus!
It looks like a beautiful home! Congratulations!
Maria,
I'm an old friend of Duane's. I met you once and have been following your blog since Duane provided it to me. My wife, Lindsay, and I are so happy for you both and have prayed that all things would fall into place. We are so happy to hear that it is. If there is anything at all we can do to help in your transition please let us know. Send Duane our love and tell him hi when you can....
YEAH!!! Praise God! I can't wait to see what He has in store for you guys!
Post a Comment