Sunday, October 05, 2008

Our Reunion

Duane came home this week. What a sight! The older girls and I met him at the airport at midnight one night while a friend stayed at my house with the younger girls. I cried the moment I saw him. He was so excited to see Jena and Paige and they were equally excited and nervous. They didn't stop talking the entire way home. They were happy too because I had promised to keep them home the next day from school so they could sleep in and spend the day with Daddy.

Unfortunately, we didn't get to go on a date like we'd planned. Not for lack of babysitters, but because Annie had a fever of almost 103 degrees the entire week. Earlier in the week, she was vomiting too. She lost weight and was very clingy. I couldn't leave the room without her screaming for me. I was so thankful that Duane was home to help carry the stress of her sickness.

We spent most the week following leads on apartments and rentals that all led nowhere. We were pretty disappointed until Friday morning we received word that there might be an available 3 bedroom apartment available. Duane quickly scheduled an appointment for Monday after work to check it out and fill out an application if in fact the apartment is still available. Our plan is to head out of town as soon as possible if it all works out. I am trying to not get too excited as if to prepare myself for the word that it isn't available. Everything we've pursued in the past 4 weeks has fallen through. The Lord has heard my heart and I can totally trust Him with this, even if it means that it doesn't work out. He hasn't forgotten about us, I know that for a fact.

It was pretty tough putting Duane on the plane again this time but I also have confidence that I can make it again just like I did before. The Lord is the one giving me strength to go on and He has His eye on Duane too. We have peace that it is coming, the end to this. We know that He knows our way, He is the One leading us. He knows the mountains ahead of us: selling our house and finding housing in MA. They aren't mountains to Him. He can see the other side. Soon, we will be on the other side. Man, I can't wait!

1 comment:

Brandon and Emily Judson said...

I'm so glad Duane was there to help you out with sickness! I know you'll be back together soon!

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mother of 4 little girls who fill my life with so much joy and satisfaction. I love it!!!