This weekend I had planned a "Come Play with Us Party" for the girls. They invited a bunch of friends from school. A day before the party, I received 2 calls to schedule showings during the time of the party. I felt horrible cancelling the party so we moved the party to a local park. Although I couldn't get a hold of all the parents to let them know of the change, we had a good turn out.
Driving to the park, I began to notice A LOT of cars parked along the road. Who knew that it was "track and field" day for local schools in the park that morning??? We found a parking place and we began to unload for our play date. I forgot to mention that not only did I have my 4 children, we had one of Jena's friends with us and also 2 cats! I had to bring the cats since several showings were scheduled. Luckily the weather was nice and the cats really enjoy the outdoors even though they are not "outdoor cats."
The girls' friends began to show up and they enjoyed playing on the playground. It quickly warmed up and we served juice boxes and snacks. We planned to take pictures of each of the girls with their friends and share the photos with them. They were excited about doing this. It is a bittersweet feeling, excited about what is ahead of us and sadness leaving such incredible friendships.
We played game of "Duck, Duck, Goose," and we all laughed at Annie as she tried hard to play the game. Then I got the great idea of playing, "Red Rover." After a few children tried to break through our tightly held hands, my group called little Jackson, 3, over. Poor Jackson ran as fast as he could and clothes lined himself, flipping himself back on his head. Not such a smart idea. We quickly changed gears and played "Freeze Tag." Not too long after we began, I noticed that everyone was starting to slow down, and it was almost time to leave. Each of the girls' friends said their goodbyes and we began to pack up. The girls really enjoyed their time with their friends. I'm thankful that we decided to have the party instead of cancelling it.
This picture is from our going away party. After trying to get a good family photo, we decided to be a little bit silly, that's just kind of how we are anyhow!
No comments:
Post a Comment