The next morning I awoke to another migraine that attacked me with a vengeance. Jena decided to come talk with me before 7am and I tried to pacify her with some books. So she read in bed next to me while I tried to make sense of the pain I was feeling. I was supposed to babysit that day too. At one point I said to Jena, "Stop screaming!" She looked at me like I had fallen off my rocker. She was turning the pages of the book and it was so loud to me that it sounded like she was screaming in my ear. I couldn't believe the pain I was in. Now remember my predicament, I am pregnant and there isn't much that I can take to alleviate pain when I am pregnant. So I crammed a lot of Tylenol down my throat at breakfast and slowly ate my oatmeal. Apparently I was too slow and I only got through half of it before it came back up in the kitchen sink. The girls were astounded that I came back to the table to finish the rest of the oatmeal. If I have learned one thing from my past pregnancies, it doesn't matter if you've lost half the meal finish the rest before anything comes back up.
So I did. Then that came back up. Paige came running in to watch and proclaims, "Oh, that is distigusting!" Thanks Paige.
I went to take a shower and brush my teeth, hoping I would feel better, I wasn't. I cancelled the babysitting I was supposed to do and laid on the couch. Not to much later the phone rang and it was my sister-in-law checking in on me. She had called to share how bad her morning was going and then I fell apart on her. I was missing Duane so much and feeling so bad that I didn't know how I was going to make it through the day. At one point during our conversation, I had to put the phone down to deposit more of my breakfast in the sink. Man, I had had enough. Leah prayed for me and asked the Lord to send someone to take care of the girls for me. Tearfully, I said goodbye. She promised that she would call her parents and ask them to pray for me too.
Not more than 5 minutes later the phone rang. My friend Debbie was calling to see if we were planning on going to the water park that morning. She could tell something was wrong and I couldn't hold back the tears and told her how bad my morning was. She told me that I had been on her mind that morning and wondered if she could come get Jena and Paige for the day. I couldn't believe how quickly the Lord had answered Leah's prayer! He really cares for me. The entire time Duane was away he was praying that the Lord would reveal Himself as a husband to me.
Saturday passed without a migraine! Then as we were leaving church on Sunday I started to loose my vision again. I went to find my friend Jamie to beg her to drive me and the girls home since I couldn't see. She did and then she took my children home with her for the afternoon. I slept for the afternoon and kept the Tylenol down this time.
The best we can figure is that this is all hormone related. I am finding that the nausea is getting worse and I can imagine that is what has caused all the migraines. So far I have done pretty well this week, despite feeling nauseous almost all day long. Duane has been working from home the past few days so that I can have some relief. His parents are on their way out here to spend some time with us and the girls. We are really looking forward to their visit.
Isaiah 54:5 says
" For your Maker is your husband— the LORD Almighty is his name— the Holy One of Israel is your Redeemer; he is called the God of all the earth."
I believe that I got to experience a bit of what this verse talks about. My father reminded me that our God is also a practical God. He takes care of the things that we don't think that "the God of all the earth" would care about. That is what is so incredible about Him. He cares about my migraines!
2 comments:
How have you been feeling this week? I am serious when I say you are looking great!
I had good news too w/Dr. Feuille's nurse practioner! She said that until I have an ultrasound they will go by MY dates! So they are saying I am 14 1/2 weeks along!!
I think that the power of the date change has made me feel SOOOOO much better! Thank you Steph for your encouragement~!
Sorry my belly isn't growing so quickly, I'd love to bump bellies with you! Rach told me!
Post a Comment