
Several posts ago, I wrote about the horrible week we were experiencing. I thought that I would give an update on those stories too. The first photo was of Duane's car being towed away. The problem was quickly fixed but then 2 days before Christmas, someone tried out their new BB gun on his back windshield, shattered the back window and grazed the side of his car in several places. I have had a really hard time forgiving this person, Duane handled it extremely well, and I am continually amazed by his responses!
Also, we had just begun our bathroom remodel. Since we are new to this remodeling phase
things are a bit slow around here but I thought I would share some fun photographs. We have had some help from some good friends along the way. Kudos to Paul and his muscles. He almost carried the entire steel tub down our stairs. Jeremy, before he skipped the country (just kidding Jeremy!) was around to help the boys steer the tub out of the house. Never mind those pesky pantry doors Jeremy!
My dad was the MAN laying subflooring, running electric to the bathroom, installing an exhaust fan, playing around in our attic, wiring new sconces, cutting and putting up new drywall, what else am I forgetting??? He rocked the bathroom, it really is dedicated to him! Michael lovingly taught Duane this weekend how to "sweat pipe." I feel kind of like I know what I am talking about using this lingo!
Let's see, what has Maria done to help out? Oh yeah there was that one night this week, I taped the seams of the drywall and got a horrible migraine in the process and had to go to bed, then woke up to Duane lovingly holding a bucket for me while I dispensed my dinner in it! I can take no credit for this remodel. I am so proud of my husband and his tenacidy with this project. Although he did say this morning that this is his opus. I think that he wants to go out on a high note when this bathroom is done and take a long break from any more remodels for a while. I can respect that.

2 comments:
oh my gosh! It looks incredible! Now I better stop finding excuses for not finishing a simple paint job! Great job to you all!
niiiice! and by the way, taking care of kids while others remodel *IS* contributing mama. don't sell yourself short.
Post a Comment