Tuesday, December 12, 2006

As the saying goes...when it rains it pours.

I think that I haven't really experienced what exactly that expression meant until this week

A quick recap of our week...

Over a week ago Duane tried to start his car and it wouldn't hold an idle. Later he tried and he came in smelling like gasoline. For quite some time he has been getting a ride from a co-worker to and from work. When we had a friend stay with us and offer the use of their other car, Duane drove it to work one day and it started having problems too. So it still sits at his work until they can get it fixed. Duane is not allowed to drive anymore cars now! Duane's car was towed today to a shop where a gentleman can assess it's problems and give us some wisdom on how to fix it.


In other issues, we have had a leak in our upstairs bathroom that has caused us almost a $10 increase in water this past month! That is a lot of water! Our sink has not had hot water for quite some time too. Duane began the renovation this weekend.


This is a before picture, we had extremely beautiful pink tile ALL around the bathroom. We are finding that the walls are almost 2 or more inches thick because of the cement backing and the tiles used. Duane found a newspaper in the wall that dates back to President Roosevelt's time! In order to do this bathroom right it has to be taken down to the "bare bones."

At 3:00am today, I was up in extreme pain trying to heat a pack for my back. I had the water boiling and took the lid off the pan to check the water level when the stove top stopped working. I thought it odd and shrugged it off to pain and lack of sleep. The water wouldn't boil anymore. We have an extra setting on the stove for that particular burner and it heated up but the rest wouldn't. I switched the pan to another burner and continued heating the pack. But needless to say the other burner still isn't working.



In other news Jena lost another tooth, Paige hates to take showers now that the tub is out of commission and Annie is small enough still to take a bath in the kitchen sink! Do you know that it is only Tuesday? What does the rest of the week hold for us? In the midst of our week so far, Duane has almost put a hammer through his leg but we've managed to laugh at what we've been spared up to this point. We have to, otherwise we've fall apart from crying.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sink baths are the best!! i gave one to aug the other day. it was adorable! she looks like david here. its weird!

anyways im so sorry you're having a hard week.

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mother of 4 little girls who fill my life with so much joy and satisfaction. I love it!!!