Maria's blog
(Freddy Mercury's words seem fitting for the title.)
This past week we had 5 new visitors to our home. Our friends come every summer since we've lived here and it always is such a great time. I will say that this year was much better than last especially for me.
Last year Duane left to fly to Europe and I was barely able to get off the couch because I was so sick from my pregnancy. My guests waited on me the entire time they were here. What a vacation for them, huh?
My best friend, Tammy, and her family graced our home. Her children and ours are incredible friends and they get along very well. Aside from the occasional, "I was playing with that!" the week passed without any mishaps.
As they left yesterday, Jena was sobbing, and I held in the emotion I was feeling. Tammy and I have been friends for almost 12 years. She discipled me in high school and then helped me plan my wedding. We have experienced 2 pregnancies together and an incredible friendship has grown. They have "lent" us their home when we go back to Ohio, sometimes the house literally falls apart when we visit! Tammy flew me back to Ohio to surprise my brother and sister-in-law after their son, Augustine, was born last year. Then Tammy flew out here to help take care of me after Annie was born. When we drove to Ohio, she and Jeff through a big BBQ for our friends and family. Ok, enough of what she has done for me, what have I done for her lately? (It seems a little odd that song titles keep popping up in my writing!)
Her friendship is hard to put to words. She and Jeff bring a different demention to our lives. Duane and I stayed up late with them each night that they were here. We reminisced about Columbus and shared really crazy stories about our children and sometimes went too far in the telling of stories and jokes, huh Duane?
All this to say "Tammy you complete me!" Just kidding. But your friendship does fill me and I am so thankful that you push me to be myself when I am with you. You correct me without making it seem like that is what you are doing. You challenge me to go beyond what I think I can do and pursue what God is calling me to. I cannot thank you adequately for your friendship.
Yesterday I couldn't say what I wanted to because of the emotion I was feeling. Jena has it all right, she shows what she is feeling and I am truly sorry that I hide it. When I grow up I want to be like her.
I love you girl. And remember that sometimes just adding one hour seems like 2 days. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment