Maria's blog
One morning about a couple of weeks ago I woke up early and felt compelled to pick up my Bible and spend time with the Lord.
I felt a heaviness for Israel and I couldn't figure out why. (This was before the invasions and bombings began.) I just began asking the Lord to help me to understand His love for this nation. I don't confess to know a lot about Israel's history or even about their current situation. Throughout the time with Him that morning I felt Him urging me to pray for this nation. Despite it's history, it is His. There is an incredible amount of symbolism in the Old Testament about this nation and I feel the Lord drawing me to seek it out.
Yesterday I read that when Jacob wrestled with a man in Genesis 32, he wouldn't let the man go until he gave Jacob his blessing. Do you know that they wrestled all night long? How exhausting! And then to think that Jacob knew something was different about this "man" that he wouldn't let him go until he received a blessing from him.
So the man asked Jacob what his name was. I am quite sure that the man knew Jacob's name, but I think that he did it intentionally to show Jacob something important. It says then that the man said, "Your name will no longer be Jacob, but Israel, because you have struggled with God and with men and have overcome."
It has struck me that the Lord encountered Jacob and wrestled with him and Jacob was tenacious enough to not give up with the Lord until he received a blessing. What about you? What have you given up on God for? Have you stop wrestling with Him over something in your life? I was convinced that I have given up and have forgotten that I need to continue until I receive His blessing.
Let it be said of you that you have wrestled with God and have overcome.
Interestingly, the Bible says that Israel means "He struggles with God."
2 comments:
Thanks for sharing what God showed you in His Word. I have had some interesting dreams lately about the urgency of sharing the Good News of Jesus Christ. I know that is something I have stopped wrestling with God about. The souls of others should be an urgent thing to me.
Love ya Maria! Don't stop wresting with God because He is going to bless you, beyond what you can measure. I can't wait until your cup overflows!
That's really cool, Maria. God is stirring many people these days I believe. I pray that we all take his call seriously enough to "wrestle" and prevail. It's been an interesting season for us, as well, but I believe we're persevering and staying true to His calling. Bless you and your family.
Post a Comment