Maria's blog
Ahh, the innocence of a 3 year old...
Today my in-laws took us out to lunch after church. And of course Paige had to go to the bathroom. It seemed that after she was potty-trained that she like to go to every restroom in every store or public place that we visited. I figured this out when she'd ask to go and then couldn't when she sat down.
Paige and I walked into this particular restroom and we were greeted by a familiar smell. Paige looks up at me and says, "Momma, it smells like suckers in here!" I laughed out loud because I just never know what to expect from my children's' mouths. She asked me why I was laughing and I told her and then she asked, "Do you think that it smells like suckers in here too?" Of course now I did think that it smelled like suckers in this restroom.
I love that sometimes my children are totally uninhibited. Their conversations, ideas, and dreams remind me how inhibited I am by what other people think of me. You gotta love the bathroom and all the deep thoughts that surface from there. What an uncanny place to learn such an important lesson.
3 comments:
I'm just glad it smelled like suckers. Could be a lot worse! (Hate to hear what she'd call that!)
thats cracking me up thinking about the bathroom smelling like suckers.
Trinity is the same way - not only does she have to go potty in every public bathroom, but she also has a great way of saying the funniest thing at just the least "politically correct" moment. I love it. It keeps me humble...haha!
Post a Comment