Maria's blog
We have been having a lot of storms late at night and extremely early in the morning lately. I don't mind the storms because it means that I don't have to feel so guilty about not watering my gardens. But just a few years ago the storms really bothered me.
I have birthed a child that is really disturbed by the storms though. I guess the old adage "What goes around comes around," must be true. I think that I gave my mother a horrible time when it came to late night storms. I don't remember running into her room screaming but I do remember holding my breath and walking REALLY fast into her room. I am most embarrassed to admit that the last time I did that I was MUCH, MUCH too old to be sleeping on my mother's floor. She was always very gracious to allow my presence in her room. But she sure was wise, she had a twin bed and I couldn't snuggle up with her.
Duane and I have a king size bed and it must afford 4 bodies in it several nights this past week. I am exhausted but I was sooooooooo thankful that last night we didn't have any storms that woke our household!
Knowing that the storms end gives me the hope that the morning will come soon. Even if it comes too soon, I am thankful that I have these little bodies to keep me awake during the night.
1 comment:
Yeah...King sized bed is THE WAY TO GO!!! We had a queen in KS but we're getting spoiled with the King we have now. Eventually it'll be back to Jennette hogging the covers again... *sigh*
Post a Comment