ANNOUNCING RUBY GRACE!
Ruby Grace made her appearance into our family on December 28Th at 10:11am. She weighed 6 pounds 4.5 ounces and measured 18 inches long. What a fulfillment of the past 9 months that moment became. I will not say that labor was easy because that would be a horrific lie. It was the single most painful thing I have ever experienced but I would do it again in a heartbeat to experience that moment all over again.
Watching Duane's face and hearing him muffle in my ear, "There she is, Maria, I can see her," brings me to tears just like it did at that moment. There certainly was a lot of drama involved with her delivery and I had to push as hard as ever to get her out. Sobbing through that moment and trying to remember to breathe through it all was pretty surreal moment as my husband, doctor, nurse and resident all rally around me encouraging me to continue what I started.

We had a chance to pray after that moment to thank the Lord for bringing her to us healthy and so beautiful. I relished the moment, so thankful for the ordeal our doctor went through to make me his patient, the nurses for their encouragement and the pediatric nurses watching over Ruby. Most of all I was thankful to share this time with Duane. Birthing his daughters has been the most important thing I have done in my 30 years.
I don't think that Annie knew really what to do with her but she'd seen Jena and Paige holding her and didn't want to be left out.
Here is a short video Duane took of us just moments after delivery as I get to hold Ruby for the first time: (Please forgive me, I hadn't had a chance to redo my make-up!)
We have been blessed with an incredible family. We are so thankful for all our girls. No, we weren't hoping for a boy and no, we won't keep trying till we have one, unless the Lord shows us otherwise!
Thank you all who have prayed for us, brought us a meal or a sweet little gift for Ruby. You have our hearts and we are so thankful for your love!

3 comments:
i wish we could bring you a meal or do a load of laundry, ANYTHING! we love you so much. bless you for birthing my nieces and being the wonderful woman you are!
it's too much... so much emotion my nose is running now and I have to go wipe it.
I love you guys so much!
Yea for Ruby Grace! I can't believe how incredible you looked right after birth!
She truly is beautiful We're so excited to see what God has purposed Ruby for. Don't know what she'll accomplish in her life, but do know it's going to be incredible.
We love you all.
Post a Comment